INTERESTED IN OPERA?
We are looking for music-makers, theatre-makers and writers from BAME backgrounds who are interested in exploring new possibilities in collaborative artistic creation.
This is an opportunity to;
- be commissioned to develop an original idea
- be mentored on the development of your project
- work with singers and musicians to develop your idea
- present work-in-progress and receive feedback
- develop a project with GemArts, Lyric or Curve, supported by Opera North and Royal Opera
We believe opera is where music, theatre and movement meet. It is the most vibrant and flexible of genres, and is the perfect platform for telling diverse stories in diverse ways. Our definition of opera is broad –embracing music, theatre and movement from all cultural traditions – and we are seeking new stories and innovative approaches.
At this stage, the scale of your proposal does not matter. But it must meet the following criteria:
- your project must involve one or more collaborators
- the lead artist for your project must be based in the UK.
We will select three projects for a development commission and fully support those artists as they develop their work.
If you’d like to know more please email or call Anwar Ibrahim at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7212 9387.
When: From December 2017 to July 2018
Who: Writers, Composers, Directors, Theatre-Makers
Cost: We will commission the artists selected to develop their work
How to Apply: Click on the link below, or complete the expression of interest form and send to email@example.com by Monday 23rd October.
Expression of interest form – New Opera Development Opportunity Oct17-July18
Link to online version of form – https://www.surveycrest.com/s/5926e630efc34