The deadline for this post has now passed.
Job Title : Administrator (Part Time)
Purpose of the Post :
There is now an exciting opportunity to join GemArts to provide administrative support
and contribute to the smooth running of the organisation.
We are looking for a highly motivated and proactive person. The successful applicant
will report directly to GemArts’ Director and Board of Trustees, and will work closely with the Project Manager, Communications and Development Officer, staff and other
Main Duties and Responsibilities :
The duties and responsibilities outlined below are intended to be an indication of the
scope and nature of the post and are subject to review periodically through staff review
• Provide support to the Director, Project Manager, Communications and Development
Officer and other members of the trustees, management committee, staff and
volunteers as required.
• Ensure effective and efficient company administration
• Undertake routine office duties, including dealing with the post, mailing, record
keeping and filing, word processing and database maintenance.
• Maintain paper and electronic filing systems
• Be responsible for the organisation’s administration and the implementation and
maintenance of appropriate office systems and up to date financial records.
• Deal effectively and efficiently with enquiries and requests from members of the
public, partner organisations and individual artists.
• Provide specific project support, including appropriate support of the planning
process, contacting artists and participants, preparing schedules and itineraries,
keeping up to date records, managing bookings and assisting at events and
performances as required.
• Provide administrative support to meetings as required including board meetings –
minutes, send out paperwork, diary management, room booking etc.
• Maintain the website/social networking sites/email newsletter and change images
and content as required.
• Accept responsibility for appropriate behaviour regarding Health & Safety, Equality
and Diversity, fair treatment of others and maintenance of high levels of customer
service, as well as compliance with appropriate policies.
• Undertake other duties appropriate to the post and in line with the needs of the
Full job spec : GemArts Administrator Job Spec Jan2018
Location : Based in GemArts office in Gateshead with occasional regional or national travel.
Hours : Part-time, 2 days or 16 hours per week.
Salary : £15,405.00 pro rata plus pension.
Deadline : 2pm Friday 26th January 2018.
How to apply for the post : Please send an up to date CV to email@example.com by 2pm on Friday 26th January 2018.